This is an old marble chess set of my husband’s. I like the contrast between the pink and black colors of the chess pieces. I increased the vibrance a little in Lightroom.
This is a canal across the street from my home. In Lightroom I cropped the photo slightly, and warmed the foreground a little using the shadow hue/saturation tool.
I set up this shot in my dining room in complete redneck style. I had a ladder and a mop handle holding my vellum fabric in place. I put a 65 watt outdoor halogen light behind the vellum. I used a tower fan with an old piece of cabinet wood attached with duct taped on it at a slant. The wine glass had duct tape holding it to the end of the cabinet wood. I used my cable release in one hand and poured the colored water from the other hand. I tried the shot several times, and made a huge mess when I missed the target.
Next time I’ll get a brighter halogen light, I think that will help increase the sharpness.
I used Lightroom to crop and decrease the vibrance.
This one was fun, and not hard to set up. It was a clear night on the night of the 25/26th of September, and no moon. The constellations were beautiful. I used my tripod and cable release, locking it on place. I would have like to have stayed longer.
In Lightroom I decreased the exposure slightly, made the blacks darker, and added a little vibrance and contrast.
Bonus – In the Pocket
I saw some students playing pool in the MC and I had my camera so I gave it my best shot. In Lightroom I cropped out a distraction in one of the corners, and then I decreased the vibrance which made the red color pop.